Phillip "Phil" Richard Bill DeVille is a main character of both Rugrats and it's spin off series, All Grown Up!, appearing in most episodes of both series. He is the first tritagonist of the series. Phil is Tommy's former best friend. Phil is sometimes too acting like Chuckie Finster, bullying, spoiled, scary, gross, mean, evil, silly and weird and has a cute and tomboyishly beautiful twin sister named Lil to whom he is very close to.
Phil and Lil are adorable twins who are alike in almost every possible way, and are even dressed to match: both wear pink with black-pinstripe shirts and turquoise outfits (Phil's being a shirt and Lil's being overalls) with a handkerchief on the left side and a duck on the right, and both have a small amount of brown hair on top of their oddly-shaped heads. Phil wears blue shoes and shorts and is drawn (for the most part) without ear lobes (episodes from 1996 to early 1999 and The Rugrats Movie shows Phil with ear lobes). Phil is younger than Lil by two minutes.
They also share the same interest: playing in mud, and consuming worms (which they have often called "Chocolate Spaghetti"), bugs and toilet water. Phil finds orange drink. mustard and straws at the movies. They often use their first long names, Phillip and Lillian, against one another when arguing (like Finster rivals, Chuckie and Kimi). Their parents, Betty and Howard, often confuse the two despite permanent differences, like the ears, as well as (of course) their genders.
Phil is mostly peach. He wears a pink short-sleeved shirt with black pinstripes, a turquoise overall dress (with a handkerchief on the left side and a duck on the right), white anklehigh socks, a pair of blue hi-top sneakers and baby blue long shorts
Phil appears in most episodes of Rugrats and All Grown Up!. Although, he and his sister made fewer appearence in the last few seasons of Rugrats. His first appearance was in Tommy Pickles and the Great White Thing. His last appearance was in Brothers Grimm (an episode of All Grown Up!).
- Phil has the record for the most camera views from inside his mouth. It is even seen from the Pilot, Tommy Pickles and the Great White Thing, to the film, Rugrats Go Wild. Though it is never seen in the show All Grown Up .
- In the All Grown Up epiosde Truth or Consequences Phil was seen as a 3 year old.
- Phil is like Arnold in Hey Arnold! and Johnny Test in Johnny Test because he sounds like them.
- Phil had the hair-trigger temper (same as Chuckie Finster did.).
- Phil was negative (same as Chuckie Finster was.).
- Phil plays with orange soda and mustard dispensers.